Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A story of epic proportions!


Let’s see, where do I start?

From the beginning, of course!  I must confess that I won’t have written this all in order but I’ll publish it that way for your reading convenience.  Never mind, pretend I didn’t say that.  I should have started with this: Allow me to start from the beginning.  See now that sounds a lot better doesn’t it.  These days, however, it seems that stories are quite successful when the start somewhere in the middle, or even at the end for that matter, have a “flash back” and work their way toward wherever the reader was started at.  Water for Elephants, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and some other third, unnamed story for symmetry, are all examples of stories that start somewhere other than the beginning of the story.  I don’t so much care if I’m successful, as much as I just want to get my story out there.  I don’t need any gimmicks to make it a popular story. Having said that, I now must confess to you that I am beginning to write this story as I sit, nearly at the end of the journey.  But beginning my story at the end isn’t what’s going to make it a good story.  What’s going to make it a good story is that it’s a good story.  Like I said, I don’t need any gimmick’s to draw a crowd.  So, as I sit here in this black, leather, terminal chair that was not designed to sleep in, in this impressive, city-of-an-airport, I start to type away at my laptop and reflect, recounting my tale of excitation, celebration, and then, frustration.

And so it begins…

No comments: