Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm sorry that it has been a long while since last I wrote.  I guess this doesn't have to be so regular, just like a vlog doesn't have to be regular.  Sometimes people expect it to be and it really doesn't have to be.  Less pressure.

What are we thankful for this holiday season? I know even though it is a time of gladness and joy throughout the holidays, there is plenty of room for ungratefulness.  Terrible drivers made worse with adverse driving conditions. Impatient customers doing there holiday shopping. And so much more. There's a lot to be unthankful for.  But as I critique the faults of others in the rush of the season, it is out of an awareness of my own faults. I can and have been impatient on the road.  Or argue with my family when we're trying to spend time together.

Sin enters into the picture. Short fuses. Just one of many things that trip us up while we're trying to be "good". The sermon last Sunday touched on that point. To paraphrase, we can be "good" all we want but it should be out of a love for others, not out of a desire to "be good". Christ, who was and is good, who didn't sin died in our place.

So what am I thankful for this holiday season? That God takes me back even though I don't deserve it. Even though I deserve the death that Jesus died, through that, God sees us as good.

There was more  I wanted to say but my mind likes to travel and tangent.

Wherever you are and whatever you believe, let's all be thankful for each other.  Let us not be quick to anger.

Your's In Writing

No comments: