Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bit of a story...

So, a day or two ago, while I was preparing for the day, I looked at a towel that I thought to be salmon colored and a story around said towel began to take shape. Just a bit of a story.  But still...  Now of course, I remember non of that story save for the originating detail of the salmon colored towel.  Let this, I pray, be an Illustration of how important it is to write down story ideas AS SOON AS you think of them.  No matter how ridiculous they are, it may very well amount to something.  And you can always decide later that you don't want them.  But it is the folly of any aspiring writer to postpone the writing down of an idea or worse yet, to not write it down at all.  In either case, the theory is that it is unique enough and therefor memorable enough to be recalled at a later date without the aid of paper and a writing utensil.

I don't know why I got all sophisticated there toward the end.  That was weird.  


No comments: