Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Let's get along now hmm?

What's this? I'm writing again? Again?

Why can't people just get along? I find it so mentally draining to maintain not getting along with someone. Either they refuse to get along with you, or you have a grudge against them. But to what end?

Sometimes people's personalities clash. That's a different matter. Still something to work on though.

We need patience for this.

Actually we need patience for both.

But the reason for my frustration (did I say I was frustrated?) is that it seems as though some people refuse to get along.

What good is it doing you? I understand that sometimes, there is something that the other person did that you need healing from. And no they don't always need to be in on your healing process. In fact it might be better if they aren't. I don't know.

But if you're going to treat someone as though they did you harm on a mental or emotional level, make sure they are aware of this. Because they might not be. They might not understand the thing they are being punished for.

If they didn't do anything wrong. If it's just you. Tell them that. Say it's nothing personal, it's just that you're a different person now. Who knows, the person might give you the space you need.

I don't know. I just notice a lot of "I have a problem with you but I'm not going to tell you why. Good luck figuring it out."

And I'm not innocent in this department. And I think that gives me the ability to talk and or vent about this. Because bottling it up doesn't help anyone. I promise.

This is at no one specific person. I'm not yelling at anyone. It's more of a call to action. As I said, I've been guilty party in this scenario I'm sure. So I can say that in the long run, it's just so very draining being on the receiving end of it as well as the giving end.

Your's In Writing

No comments: