Monday, May 24, 2010

A Summer in Marquette


Let's see now, the last time I checked in, I was sitting in english class marveling at how uncanny some things can be. That was exactly two months ago, give or take several hours. I am now done with that class as well as the school year with an overall GPA of 2.71. It was, academically, a wonderful year. I mean I certainly could have done better but I'm proud of that GPA. Under the surface though, there were some things going on at the apartment that got quite out of hand and I know in my heart that it was time for a move. So, I have an apartment across campus now. Sure I gave up airconditioning and ethernet and I'm on the second floor now so it is going to royally stink in the warmer months but it is what I wanted.

Normally, the warm weather wouldn't be a concern and if anything, heat rises, so it will be quite nice in the winter. The thing is, I have decided to take summer classes and so I'm stuck with the heat for a while. Those classes that I am taking are biology with a lab, good books, and mythology. Bio is during the first session of summer, lasting for six weeks which I am in the second week of, and then second session with the other two. The Mythology class is online. Maybe I'm asking for trouble by taking classes in the summer but I have a good feeling about it. In the meantime, I'm looking for a job which is going fairly decent. I haven't got a job yet but I've had a few interviews which is encouraging.

Back to Biology. I have a test tomorrow on five chapters. See, since this class is 6 weeks instead of 14, we go over more material quicker than one might if they were to take the same class with the same teacher during the school year. The main thins I need to know for tomorrow are the different parts of a cell and how and why they work. I actually have a pretty good handle on it and I'm pretty confindent that I am going to do alright. We will see for certain, tomorrow.

And that's my summer. Nothing philisophical this time (we've got the whole summer for that), just a catch up on what has been going on in the past couple of months, well, the cliff notes version anyways, but that's all you really need to know right now. Anyways, It's bloody hot out so I'm going to take a shower to cool off and then I'm going to let my head fall gracfully onto my pillow and drift off to dreamland.

Until next time,

Your's In Writing

No comments: