Monday, January 17, 2011

It's a start...


Well I'm doing a little better with this writing more often thing. It has been over two weeks since I posted last but it's still January which is a huge improvement. With good news, however, it seems there is always bad news of some sort. I have had a change of employment. The new job is fun so far. Obviously, that isn't the bad news. The bad news is that there was a reason for a change in employment. Never mind that though. That is one of the things of the past and more specifically, of last year. This is a new year. And in this new year, I discovered that I have work study which opens up a large number of possible employment opportunities, one of them being that one that I landed. I'm working at the art building as a lob monitor. I only work 5 hours a week so the dough won't be rolling in but I know that this is a blessing nonetheless and I know that God will provide for whatever he brings me through.

I'm at work currently. It's my first day on the job and I'm enjoying it. It's quiet right now. The Desk at VA/H used to be quiet but it was always an unsettling quiet. For some reason, this is peaceful. Maybe it's because there is the distant sound of chatter in classrooms behind closed doors. Whatever it is, I like it.

There's another opportunity that I'll be looking into later today at the school paper. I pray that will come through as well. I found that I was content in a bad way. I liked it there at the desk and didn't care to change even though there were possibly better things out there for me because I liked my co-workers and enjoyed seeing familiar faces as they passed by. It took a major jolt for me to realize that working there wasn't the right thing for me anymore. Now I'm here. It's virtually the same job except i'm in a different environment, I have different co-workers, and I'll be seeing different people walking by. The important difference is that this is related to my major of study. I'm learning about printers and loading paper, and minor mundane things having the do with the art world but the thing is...they have something to do with the art world. I'm keeping the other possible position a secret for now for what reason i have absolutely no idea.

I pray that everything works out either way. If I don't get a position there, at least I have this and I know that it's a blessing.

Your's In Writing

No comments: